Register

Closed Thread

09-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Default Plesk License problem upgrading to 9.0

I'm trying to upgrade my Plesk from 8.6 to the 9.0 (and then up from there) and it won't allow me to do it. I'm getting the following information:

Exchanging information with licensing server.base
Downloading the file PSA_9.0.0/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 100% done.
Ask KA server for key update: product=PleskLogin current key number=PLSK00xxxxx0010 to version=9.0.0
Warning: your license key for the base component cannot be upgraded.
ERROR: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

Help please.

Thanks. (I also created a ticket - #7432736 but sometimes there's faster help here).

Last edited by Roeshead; 09-02-2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Exposed Private information

09-14-2010, 07:57 AM

Finally called about this and was told they were getting a lot of calls and that mine was a priority with 24-48 hours response time. After 3 days, I got a response saying they needed my admin login to the Plesk panel and my root login to my VPS. I told them that I thought it was a license issue (as you can see from what I posted) and that they didn't need my login information. A couple of days later they emailed saying that it was a license issue (because my license was from before the migration) and that the guy who handles those things would be in the next day. And yes, the next day (at the end of the day) I received notice that the license was upgraded.

Glad to see that those of us who have been with Spry for a while don't seem to matter. Simple issue took nearly a week to resolve. An issue that shouldn't have been an issue if they had done proper planning for their migration and how to handle long term customers. Very disappointed.

09-21-2010, 01:23 PM

I'm sorry to hear how long it took for the issue to be resolved. If you find a similar situation in the future please send me a PM and we can sort things out.
Closed Thread