Register

Closed Thread

12-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Question Domain Name but no Hosting?

Hi there,

I recently bought two domain names through Spry without the option of hosting as the webpages won't be used very much. I was just wondering how I could have a picture and maybe some text come up when someone goes to one of the websites in question.

Thank you in advance,

jeff

12-15-2005, 09:20 AM

Jeff,

We do not offer any sort of hosting package for free with our domain registration. Your best available option would be to look at our Plan 1 Shared-Hosting whcih begins at $25/year.

Thanks!

12-15-2005, 10:14 AM

Would it be possible to have the index page hosted somewhere else, or do I need to have Spry hosting do it?

12-15-2005, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by settes
Would it be possible to have the index page hosted somewhere else, or do I need to have Spry hosting do it?
To point your domain name to another hosting service provider, you will need to ask them to provide the primary and secondary nameservers (DNS) for your domain. Then login to Spry using the information in your welcome email, and specify these nameservers under " My Sites > My Domains > youdomain.com > Change DNS." Once you submit the correct nameservers for your hosting provider, your DNS should begin resolving within 24 hours.

12-16-2005, 06:49 PM

Thanks mikep.
Closed Thread