Thread: Change server name with webmin

Junior Member Newbie

Default Change server name with webmin

When I signed up, I selected a server name for a site which I don't plan to move until I get a little more comfortable with the capabilities/requirements on a VPS 300.

I *think* the server name being a name still registered elsewhere with dns handled elsewhere and so on is causing me problems with the virtual hosts that I would like to experiment with.

How would I go about changing the server name from hastraffic.com to the domain that is set up (doesnt.com) with records and dns?

Thanks -

Former Employee Newbie

If you change the VPS hostname from within the VPS, it will get reset upon a reboot, so please submit a support ticket requesting the hostname change. We will also add or modify the DNS records that you need.

Alternatively, you can put entries into the /etc/hosts file (on a Windows machine this will be C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) on your development machine the hostnames for the virtual hosts, along with the IP address configured for that virtual host in httpd.conf, and you'll be able to reach the sites.