Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with domain transfer

Junior Member Newbie

Default Problem with domain transfer

Helo

I have recently transferred the domain compcentral.net to spry . Everything went as expected during the process and no errors were given. However the domain whois details about registrar and expiry date have not changed. Also the domain now in the control panel (here) says that the domain doesnt exsist. Well clearly it does. What is the problem here?

I sent a support ticket 2 days ago with yet no reply with the exception of a message notifying me that the ticket had been passed to another department.

"Committed to quality" ...just not committed to replying to support tickets ?

Member Newbie

From what I'm seeing, it looks as if the transfer process is still underway. Transferring a domain can take up to 5 business days and requires email replies from the current registrar, the transferor and the transferee.
    If you've not seen an email from ascern.com, please check your spam filters and your junkmail folder. The mail may be sitting there, waiting for you to respond.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Junior Member Newbie

thank you very much.

I shall definitely be using the forum in future rather than the tickets .

Junior Member Newbie

Still the problem exists.

Can you please try the process again?

Former Employee Newbie

I checked the billing system and it shows an error "Domain not found". When I do a 'whois' I see that the domain hasn't yet been transfered from your previous registrar;

Domain Name: COMPCENTRAL.NET
    Reseller..............: CheapDomains UK
    Created on............: 22 Oct 2006 06:02:02 EST
    Expires on............: 22 Oct 2007 06:02:01 EST
    Record last updated on: 22 Oct 2006 06:02:02 EST
    Status................: ACTIVE

I will create a ticket and send it to the billing department but unfortunately they are not here until Monday

Malcolm
    Spry Hosting Support

Junior Member Newbie

Did the payment go through? If so, then Spry must resolve the issue and the user cannot do anything... I hope the domain is transfered soon as it expires on 22 Oct 2007 from the old domain host and should added a year onto this once the domain has been transfered over to Spry.

Member Newbie

Gideon,

It's not an issue of payment. It's an issue of one of the parties or the registrar not replying to the transfer verification emails.
    Regardless, the original transfer was closed and a new one was started in hopes that everyone is on the same page.

Also, when a domain is transfered, it's renewed for a year with the new registrar. That's part of what you pay for when you transfer a domain.

Member Newbie

The transfer order has been submitted, and it looks like it is still pending email authorization from the domain contact.

Junior Member Newbie

I recieved the email yesturday and followed the directions to and accept on transfer-approval.com.

This time all should go to plan....the previous time i didnt get this email.

Member Newbie

So far it looks like everything is going properly this time. The current status of the transfer is:
    Transfer Pending - Awaiting Release by Current Registrar