Thread: Updating phone message?

Junior Member Newbie

Default Updating phone message?

Today when you guys had the DOS attack I could not get through via the support ticket or via phone. It just kept you on hold.

Maybe when something like this happens you could temporarily have your phone message say something like.

"We are currently experiencing a temporary network downtime and hope to have the issue corrected shortly"

At least this way when all the customers are calling in we will know that it isn't just a problem with our particular sites.

Thanks
    Eric

Junior Member Newbie

I tried calling several times around 7:00 am PDT and received "system too busy, call back later <click>" error messages, never even reaching the normal welcome message. I'm guessing that your phone lines are routed over your data connectivity, which, IMO, is not a good thing.

I read the "network problems" messages and hope you find a way for your providers to deal with DDOS attacks more efficiently. I had noticed some connectivity issues already on Tuesday night, but by Wed morning, it was extremely bad. Thanks for being responsive to the issue.

As for the phones, when I *have* gotten through, and waited on hold after pressing "3" I've often been dumped/hung up on.....that's not good.

DT

Junior Member Newbie

Default Phone System

When I called, I ended up waiting several minutes in a queue where I was constantly told that the calls are answered in the order received. Then I would suddenly end up back at the main menu again. This went on for 45 minutes. I NEVER got a human. Most frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric K View Post
    Today when you guys had the DOS attack I could not get through via the support ticket or via phone. It just kept you on hold.

Maybe when something like this happens you could temporarily have your phone message say something like.

"We are currently experiencing a temporary network downtime and hope to have the issue corrected shortly"

At least this way when all the customers are calling in we will know that it isn't just a problem with our particular sites.

Thanks
    Eric

There are many mobile phones which are not having such problems. I have not experienced such problems severely. Minor issues were there.