Thread: Purchasing one of your VPS

Junior Member Newbie

Default Purchasing one of your VPS

Hi,
    I'm considering buying one of your VSP service. I'm looking at the cPanel VPS200. I just wanted to run by some of the options I need and if it works for that system. My site is a television program site that I created and produced.

On the site, we have several Real video clips from the show. Will the 200 work for it? Will it be able to stream? Also, what about Windows Streaming Media? We may consider encoding some clips in that format.

Which operating system would you recommend for streaming? I never used any of the OS's that you listed.

I already purchased my domain address several years ago. There should be no problem using the domain on your server? I just need the IP address to change at my register. I don't have to purchase one or move the domain to you.

I may have some other questions in another message. Thanks. Looking forward to a response.

Quote Originally Posted by tvdir
    On the site, we have several Real video clips from the show. Will the 200 work for it? Will it be able to stream? Also, what about Windows Streaming Media? We may consider encoding some clips in that format.
    The VPS 200 plans feature unmetered bandwidth and are certainly capable of streaming video. The maximum data transfer rate of this plan is 1.554 megabits per second, and you will need to divide that number by the bitrate of your streams to determine how many simultaneous viewers you could support. Typically, streaming is done on dedicated servers that only host large files served by streaming. However, the VPS 200 is a great place to start if you have relatively few viewers.

Which operating system would you recommend for streaming? I never used any of the OS's that you listed.
    Any of the operating systems compatible with cPanel will work equally well for streaming media. If you are not dependent on cPanel, then you will want to check out Spry's Webmin VPS plans.

I already purchased my domain address several years ago. There should be no problem using the domain on your server? I just need the IP address to change at my register. I don't have to purchase one or move the domain to you.
    There is no obligation to register or transfer a domain registration with Spry. You would just need your DNS provider to forward "A" records to the IP addresses bound to your VPS.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.