Thread: Email Problems - No delivery to Yahoo, Google, etc

Junior Member Newbie

Default Email Problems - No delivery to Yahoo, Google, etc

I am having problems with email from my WHM/Cpanel VPS.

I believe this has to do with PTR records, or lack therof. Can you post information on how to setup PTR records for multiple domains sharing a single IP.

From what I have read, I probably need to setup email forwarding through a single domain/IP that has a valid PTR record. I'm sure your tech team probably has expertise in configuring this type of thing, and it would be very helpful to have this information available for semi-newbie VPS admins like me.

Junior Member Newbie

I'm pretty sure PTR is just reverse DNS, which (i think)Spry can do for you via a ticket.

We recently went through the labor pains of setting up our email server and although gmail did not give us any issues, Yahoo surely did.

All of our issues were solved via a reverse DNS ticket, adding a PTR record in "Edit DNS Zone" and adding an SPF record

Check out [i cant post a url yet]www[dot]dnsstuff[dot]com[/i cant post a url yet], run the dnsreport and once you get all the MX and Mail issues worked out, your mail should arrive at all the majors

Chris

Member Newbie

You can really only have one PTR record for your single IP address. You may also want to create an SPF record in the dns zones for each domain using that server.