Thread: PHP Source Directory?

Junior Member Newbie

Question PHP Source Directory?

Hello,

I have installed the mcrypt extension, but need to reconfigure php. The only problem is, I can't figure out where it was installed

I need to run a configure command in that directory.

Any help will be appriciated!

~VPS 300, Red Hat EL AS4

Junior Member Newbie

Does anyone have any ideas? It is very important that I get this module working for security reasons. I'd be willing to pay the advanced support fee if necessary...

Senior Member Power Poster

If you are running Plesk, you may want to take a look at this thread concerning mcrypt installation on Plesk.

If you are running cPanel, you can configure the mcrypt extension through Easy Apache - the cPanel Easy Apache Guide explains how to use Easy Apache in depth.

Junior Member Newbie

I am running Plesk. I downloaded and ran php-mcrypt-4.3.9-3.1.1.i386.rpm from http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=149424

I'm assuming that was the correct one, PHP Version 4.3.9 is installed on the server. I installed the rpm, and rebooted the server but php was still not configured with mcrypt.

Any other suggestions? Did I pick the wrong rpm?

Senior Member Power Poster

You will need to configure/recompile PHP to enable mcrypt support - if you are not comfortable following the PHP installation guide, you may need to contact our support department to request assistance at an hourly rate.

Note: I would highly recommend that you back up your present configuration if you elect to recompile PHP yourself, just in case.