Thread: Some auto-generated emails not being received

Junior Member Newbie

Default Some auto-generated emails not being received

Hello all,

We are using SwiftMailer for sending auto-generated emails from forms on our site. We use smtp connection, so the mail() sending as nobody is not an issue.

Some of the emails are being stopped by spam software, although these are simply text-only emails with log-in information. When we send the exact same email from our local machines, it makes it to the recipient just fine. The only difference I can see here is that when we send via Outlook, the message is relayed through the main server user (not root), but when it is auto-generated it is not.

I have been able to force the emails to relay through the user by adding our server ip to /etc/relayhosts but cpanel seems to overwrite this file at it's choosing, leaving only our local ip address. When they are relayed through the user, they seem to be arriving to recipients who previously could not receive them.

I appreciate any proposed solutions to this issue.

Thanks

Senior Member Power Poster

This is most likely an issue with the antirelayd daemon (this daemon will automatically overwrite your /etc/relayhosts file - alternate configuration is required).

Please edit your /etc/alwaysrelay file (or create one, if it does not already exist) as suggested in this antirelayd/relayhosts guide and post back if you encounter any further difficulties.