Thread: qmail can't use chkrcptto

Junior Member Newbie

Default qmail can't use chkrcptto

Hi. I've been going thru support tickets for this problem I've been having since setting up my VPS this weekend. At this point, I figured I'd see if anyone else here had encountered a similar problem or knew of a possible solution.

For the past three days, I've had completely non-functional email on my domain. Bouncebacks that both my clients and I are receiving include the error:

451 qmail-spp failure: plugins/chkrcptto: child crashed (#4.3.0)

via SSH, I ran:
    export SMTPRCPTTO=
    to a non-existent mail account in my domain.
    then I ran:
    /var/qmail/plugins/chkrcptto

which returned what it should have:
    E550 sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.7.17)

A thread I found on Parallel's site suggested searching for qmail builds and replacing them. I found only one that could potentially be replaced:

psa-qmail-1.03-cos5.build83071218.19

Does anyone have any insight into solving this? Thanks in advance.

-chris

Junior Member Newbie

when i attempt to send mail from webmail on my domain, the following occurs:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at [my domain].
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[the email address i'm sending to at earthlink]>:
    Connected to 209.86.93.227 but sender was rejected.
    Remote host said: 550 550 Dynamic/zombied/spam IPs blocked. Write blockedbyearthlink@abuse.earthlink.net

here are some of the originating headers:

Received: (qmail 1644 invoked by uid 4; 26 Feb 2008 14:25:25 -0800
    Received: from [my router] by
    webmail.[my domain].com (Horde MIME library) with HTTP; Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:25:25 -0800

Junior Member Newbie

no clues?

has anyone had better luck with speedy conflict resolution on hosts other than spry? i'm not asking for names. i'm just curious what the consensus is on response time and adequacy of advice here vs. other VPS hosts.

i'll happily cancel my account and move elsewhere tomorrow if this isn't resolved overnight--providing that i stand a chance of finding more competent support elsewhere.

but if this is the norm in VPS land, i guess i'll sit tight and fume a bit.

Junior Member Newbie

disregard this thread. i'm taking my hosting elsewhere.

Senior Member Power Poster

These forums are definitely not the preferred avenue for issues which need to be addressed with our technical support department.

In the case which you described (mail server is up and running, however, e-mail sent to Earthlink is declined by Earthlink) your best course of action to correct the issue would be to write blockedbyearthlink@abuse.earthlink.net as requested.

As you have stated that there is no further action which you would like to take on this thread, I will close the thread now. Please PM me if you have any further questions or concerns.