Thread: VPS300 vs. VPS400

Junior Member Newbie

Default VPS300 vs. VPS400

I currently have a VPS300 setup for my website, and I'm thinking about upgrading to the VPS400, mainly because I need the extra memory for a large MySQL database.

So, a few questions in that regard:

1. I was told when I got the VPS300, that I essentially have 1 dedicated CPU (or core, or what-have-you). Is more CPU power allocated with the VPS400 plan?

2. Is a VPS upgrade pretty much a "flip a switch" type upgrade, or would there be downtime involved?

Thanks!

Senior Member Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by epetroel View Post
    1. I was told when I got the VPS300, that I essentially have 1 dedicated CPU (or core, or what-have-you). Is more CPU power allocated with the VPS400 plan?
    While you will still be sharing a CPU with other accounts, your plan's allocation will include a CPU priority which will effectively budget additional resources to your VPS when resources are in higher demand, giving you a more valuable share of the CPU's time.

Quote Originally Posted by epetroel View Post
    2. Is a VPS upgrade pretty much a "flip a switch" type upgrade, or would there be downtime involved?
    Your VPS may require a reboot, however, the upgrade process could definitely be likened to flipping a switch.