Thread: Special Pricing

Junior Member Newbie

Default Special Pricing

I see on the home page you are offering fully managed vps hosting with CPanel from $20 How do I get this pricing? Whenever I click through it says "From $42mo With Annual Prepay"

Thank you

Member Newbie

The $20 per month plan is based on our Webmin VPS 100 package, not cPanel or Plesk.

http://www.spry.com/webmin-vps/

Webmin plans offer no control panel and are therefore cheaper, as there are no licensing fees.

Sorry for the confusion.

Junior Member Newbie

Default Misleading Info

Quote Originally Posted by kellyg View Post
    The $20 per month plan is based on our Webmin VPS 100 package, not cPanel or Plesk.

Webmin plans offer no control panel and are therefore cheaper, as there are no licensing fees.

Sorry for the confusion.
    The page say exactly: Fully Managed VPS Starting From $20
    INCLUDES Root Access, Phone Support, Managed Backups, CPanel/Plesk/Webmin, Managed Support.

That's not confusing, it's misleading.

Senior Member Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by webgomer View Post
    The page say exactly: Fully Managed VPS Starting From $20
    INCLUDES Root Access, Phone Support, Managed Backups, CPanel/Plesk/Webmin, Managed Support.

That's not confusing, it's misleading.
    The phrase Starting From indicates that the least-expensive configuration is $20 /mo and the prices go up, depending upon which options are selected.

Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DanL@Spry View Post
    The phrase Starting From indicates that the least-expensive configuration is $20 /mo and the prices go up, depending upon which options are selected.
    Look at the copy carefully... Whoever is doing your ads needs to learn proper phrasing, because the the way the copy reads now, implies that the starting at price "Includes" those options. You guys need to re-phrase your copy.

I really do not mean to argue, but for what it is worth, it appears that the copy is carefully done just to get people to click so they can be upsold. It does not look good and it did make me back away.
    Last edited by webgomer; 05-22-2008 at 05:03 AM. Reason: misspelling

We had no intention of providing inaccurate information - our graphic artist most likely used the slash to conserve space.

I will discuss this with marketing to ensure that there is no confusion in the future.

Junior Member Newbie

We had no intention of providing inaccurate information - our graphic artist most likely used the slash to conserve space.

I will discuss this with marketing to ensure that there is no confusion in the future.
    Sounds good. Glad you received my reply in the manner intended.

Junior Member Newbie

ya that's great explanation....

Junior Member Newbie

Default Nothing has changed

Check the dates between posts.

What is interesting here, is nothing has changed; the same graphic is being used and the same deceptive practice continues. Obviously, marketing has done this intentionally, with the blessings of Spry management.

Quote Originally Posted by webgomer View Post
    Check the dates between posts.

What is interesting here, is nothing has changed; the same graphic is being used and the same deceptive practice continues. Obviously, marketing has done this intentionally, with the blessings of Spry management.
    Spry management is still seeking a new graphic designer.

Update: We were able to locate a designer to complete the homepage image update.
    Last edited by DanL@Spry; 06-06-2008 at 11:28 AM.