Thread: missing Fantastico installs?

Junior Member Newbie

Default missing Fantastico installs?

This page (which is directly linked from Spry's shared hosting packages page):
    spry.com/fantastico
    states that all of: Drupal, TikiWiki, and SMF are available installs with Fantastico.
    I could not find any of them in cPanel.

I am a complete noob when it comes to cPanel, so perhaps there's something obvious I'm overlooking.
    I didn't see anything labelled "Fantastico" but did find a bunch of packages on the "Software ::Site Software" page.

We're not planning to run a production Drupal on a shared webhosting account, merely trial it and some other CMSes before setting one up on a VPS account.

Somewhat related... I uploaded a dummy php page today (i.e. really an HTML page with no php statements), and got a 500 error when I tried to access it.
    When I renamed it to .htm, it worked fine, so I'm assuming there's something I have to change to activate PHP.
    What & where?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Forum Administrator Power Poster Lyle@Spry's Avatar

It sounds as though you have a Plan1 shared hosting package. Being our cheapest hosting product, it does not include PHP, CGI, databases, or Fantastico. (Which would explain why a *.php file would emit an error, and why no Fantastico icon appears in your control panel.)

Shared Hosting Product Feature Matrix

P.S. if you just want to try out Drupal before installing it (or any other PHP/MySQL based CMS): Drupal Demo at OpenSourceCMS.com