Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accessing FTP

Junior Member Newbie

Default Accessing FTP

I purchased a domain and an intermediate hosting plan yesterday and received an e-mail saying everything is all set, but I cannot find anywhere on here to start adding and updating pages to my site. Where is the FTP client? All I see under my.spry.com is "billing" and "support", none which lead to me to anything to edit my page. This feels like a really stupid question because I'm obviously overlooking something, but any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Senior Member Power Poster

Have you received a welcome e-mail with your login information for your cPanel account?

You should be able to access your cPanel administrative page to configure your e-mail, set up an FTP account, and make changes to your file system at:

http://<yourdomain>/cpanel

To ensure that you have access to your account, I have re-sent your welcome e-mail with cPanel username and password information to the e-mail address we have on file.

We generally work with account-specific issues through the Spry Support Center - you are welcome to create a ticket if you encounter any further difficulty.

Junior Member Newbie

my server is down now at present so what to do and whom should i go for assistance

Senior Member Power Poster

Steve -

I was unable to find an active account for you in our system when searching with the e-mail address you are using as your contact address here on the forums and when searching by your name (if your name is, in fact, Steve Johnson).

Please send me a private message with your domain name or IP address so I can look up your account before posting to any further threads here on the forums.

Junior Member Newbie

Hi

I want to use Dreamweaver instead of Cpanel to upload my site, i was sent the primary ip address, is my username and password the same as i would use to get into CPANEL????

Senior Member Does this guy work here?

Hello,

To answer this question, we need to know what type of account you have with us. Shared hosting? vps? dedicated?

--
    Spry Support

Junior Member Newbie

Default Ftp

I have shared hosting, and the intermediate package

matth@spry

The login credentials should be the same for cPanel and FTP.

Junior Member Newbie

I have tried this and it fails

FTP HOST - 66.249.19.217
    Host Directory - /public_html
    Login - same as I would use to login to CPANEL?
    Password - same as I would use to login to CPANEL?

Please tell me why this does not work, all I want to do is upload my site and see it on the web,

Thanks in advance

Senior Member Does this guy work here?

Hello,

Please submit a ticket to us from your my.spry.com account. This is either a wrong username and password issue or something's wrong with the account itself. Either way, we'll need to know your exact account to look into this issue.

--
    Spry Support