Thread: Thinking of changing from Plesk Fedora to Plesk CentOS

Question Thinking of changing from Plesk Fedora to Plesk CentOS

I got a Plesk Fedora Core 4 VPS last year knowing that FC4 was really old then (and now I see it's not even offered for new accounts). I've had to do a lot of upgrades to different components just to get things to work for me and my applications.

The question I have now is: Is it possible to switch to what is now being offered with the Plesk CentOS? The PHP and MySQL are at a high enough level (although not as high as my current but sufficient) but by going to a "standard" again, maybe I can get some of the new things I want to use to work more easily.

If I can make the switch, what methods are there to transferring all my domains, websites, databases, etc. over? I have running several different web apps including several Moodle instances, dotProject, a survey app, Wordpress, WordpressMU, FunBB, etc.

Recommendations anyone?

Thanks.

Senior Member Does this guy work here?

Hello,

I know plesk has a migration manager that you can use to move things over:
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/782
    But I personally recommend moving things over yourself. All the files
    and what-naught are the same and reside in the same location. That way, if something goes wrong, you know what went wrong.

--
    Spry Support

Hey Patrick,

To do the switch, would I have to set up a new VPS and then cancel my existing (I've paid for another year already)? Do you know how that would work?

Thanks for your quick reply.

Senior Member Does this guy work here?

Hello,

Unfortunately, I don't know exactly how that works. For that, contact they billing department as they do. Usually, they do something to give you a grace period to have both servers turned while you migrate. Again, I don't know the full details on how they bill you or what exactly they do and the conditions that allow them to give people a grace period.

--
    Spry Support