Thread: pro rate ???

Junior Member Newbie

Default pro rate ???

i was JUST about to sign up and wa on about step three when i noticed an additional charge for the item below,

Package(s) Prorated (This Month Pro-Rated 8 days)

What is this ? i wil not pay for something that has no explenation, also i am not impressed by cusomer support, there is no where for a non client to contact the admin of this site other than the chat which is barely ever occupied !

that's because the billing cycle always starts on the 1st of the month but there are 8 days of january left.

For contact try http://www.spry.com/info/contact-sales.html which is under home -> about -> contact -> email sales a question. Admittedly it could be a bit more prominently advertised. As a spry customer of 6 months I have found that support has always been prompt and effective.
    "They think they've tricked you. And then they have."

Package(s) Prorated (This Month Pro-Rated 8 days)
    Tamlyn is correct, this line represents the 8 days remaining in the current month. After the 10th of each month, Spry's billing system will invoice new signups for the rest of the current month -and- the following month. Orders placed before the 10th of any month are billed only for the remainder of the current month, and then renew on the 1st.

Please note that this billing difference does not in any way affect Spry's 30-day money-back guarantee, which applies to all Spry VPS plans.

Junior Member Newbie

Default ok

so what youre saying is, that it would cheaper for me to signup on the first ?
    Cerhost,
    The Cost Effeciant Reliable host

Quote Originally Posted by cerbs
    so what youre saying is, that it would cheaper for me to signup on the first ?
    It is always cheaper to buy later, since you do not have to pay for today.

Junior Member Newbie

That doesnt make much sense to me... unless you are just ridiculing....

~Please just state when the cheapest time to signup would be and i will do it!~
    Cerhost,
    The Cost Effeciant Reliable host

Quote Originally Posted by cerbs
    ~Please just state when the cheapest time to signup would be and i will do it!~
    There is no such thing as a cheapest time to signup. The amount you are charged at signup is based on the number of days until the renew date of the billing cycle.

Prorate means to divide or distribute a sum of money proportionately. For example, if one owned an automobile for only three months, an insurance company would prorate the annual premium by charging only one-quarter of it.

Member Newbie

For VPS products the cheapest time to signup is between the 1st and the 9th of the month. Otherwise you will pay 1 full month, plus a partial month.

Regards,

Sprydotcom