Thread: Barracuda

Junior Member Newbie

Default Barracuda

Is there any way to make sure every piece of e-mail received by Qmail goes through filter.spry.com?

Member Newbie

There are two ways to do this, one is to have SMTP listen on a different port Then tell the barracuda to forward all your mail to that port. You will have to have all the domains on your server get filtered through the barracuda or some other server that can forward mail to different ports. Your users will no longer be able to use the default settings for sending mail through your server as well because your mail will no longer be on port 25.

another way to do this is to firewall your server so that only the barracuda and localhost can talk on port 25, after that we can setup a port redierction on your server that will allow users to send mail using a different port than 25.
    Chris Ruschmann
    Former Employee
    Visit Suges blog!

Junior Member Newbie

OK,

How would I go about adding the command to the firewall? The module that is inside the control panel does not work per the technical support team that was helping me last week. I need to make sure that only swgdns.com and filter.spry.com are the only ones talking on port 5190. That port forwards all its traffic to 25. So I am not sure if I need both 5190 and 25?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sugeatspry
    There are two ways to do this, one is to have SMTP listen on a different port Then tell the barracuda to forward all your mail to that port. You will have to have all the domains on your server get filtered through the barracuda or some other server that can forward mail to different ports. Your users will no longer be able to use the default settings for sending mail through your server as well because your mail will no longer be on port 25.

another way to do this is to firewall your server so that only the barracuda and localhost can talk on port 25, after that we can setup a port redierction on your server that will allow users to send mail using a different port than 25.

Member Newbie

# This is the rule to allow filter.spry.com to talk to your SMTP server
    $IPT -A INPUT -i venet0 -p tcp -m tcp -s 66.249.0.15/32 --dport 25 --tcp-flags SYN,RST,ACK SYN -j ACCEPT

# This is the rule to allow your localhost to relay through the server
    $IPT -A INPUT -i venet0 -p tcp -m tcp -s 127.0.0.1/32 --dport 25 --tcp-flags SYN,RST,ACK SYN -j ACCEPT

# Drop new incoming
    #$IPT -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 25 --tcp-flags SYN -j DROP
    Chris Ruschmann
    Former Employee
    Visit Suges blog!

Junior Member Newbie

Does this go in the firewall-active.sh or firewall-new.sh file? I know when we spoke last it was unclear which file to use. Any help?

Thanks,
    Cody

Quote Originally Posted by sugeatspry
    # This is the rule to allow filter.spry.com to talk to your SMTP server
    $IPT -A INPUT -i venet0 -p tcp -m tcp -s 66.249.0.15/32 --dport 25 --tcp-flags SYN,RST,ACK SYN -j ACCEPT

# This is the rule to allow your localhost to relay through the server
    $IPT -A INPUT -i venet0 -p tcp -m tcp -s 127.0.0.1/32 --dport 25 --tcp-flags SYN,RST,ACK SYN -j ACCEPT

# Drop new incoming
    #$IPT -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 25 --tcp-flags SYN -j DROP