Thread: Phpbb3 forum Installation On Plesk

Junior Member Newbie

Question Phpbb3 forum Installation On Plesk

Hi People,

I am having a problem with making the forum my web home page i.e. index page. They provide a quick installation inbuilt so its pretty easy to install and stuff but how do i make it my homepage ?. It say enter a directory you want to link it in and well it always points to something like .com/directory etc.
    Could some one please tell me how could i make it my homepage.

Thank you,
    PS: This is what happened when i tried adding my sites name web4stuff com/web4stuff

Senior Member Does this guy work here?

Hello,

You usually rename the file's name to index.[html,htm,php]. So it'd be index.php for php scripts, index.html or index.htm. This can be modified in apache if you want something else to be the default file.

Junior Member Newbie

Hey thank you for your reply,

Could you tell in steps what would i have to do while installing a forum? And the location where i have to upload it. I know about index.php but on my server i cant upload it onto my web4stuff com directory directly there's a special separate folder to do that something httpdocs . Plesk provides a forum installation option wait i will take a screenshot. Or should install it manually sorry for being a pain in the *** m still kind of a newbie !
    I think i have added the image as an attachment . Thank you for trouble shooting my problems!