Thread: Application Compatibilty and support

Member Newbie

Default Application Compatibilty and support

Please post any questions or comments that you might have about applications and compatibilty with our Signature VPS products
    Chris Ruschmann
    Former Employee
    Visit Suges blog!

Member Newbie

Default Helix Server basic ( Real Server )

Helix Server basic is known to work with our Platinum and Gold VPS accounts.
    The install is very non-trivial and you will find that Real Networks has a very large knowledgebase on this product.
    Chris Ruschmann
    Former Employee
    Visit Suges blog!

Junior Member Newbie

Default Helix / Real

Thanks for posting this, Chris, because the information on the Spry.com website regarding Real Server is somewhat misleading! Specifically, if you look at the "Applications" page (http://www.spry.com/applications/), you'll see "Real Server" listed among the commercial applications that...

You can install, or uninstall any of these with a simple click of a button in your control panel.
    It's not on the the "Add Application" list in our HSPc CP. In fact, NONE of the commercial apps are listed there. Out of the 40 apps listed on the Spry Applications list mentioned above, only 10 of them are on the list of things we can install in our CP with "a simple click of a button," and one of those is already installed (Fedora Core 2 Development Tools). Of the remaining 31 items on the Apps page, 6 are already installed by default on the Signature VPS, leaving 25 on the list, but not on our Add Applications list. Of those, some wouldn't be appropriate on the platform, or would duplicate the functions of apps already installed.

But there are still others on the long Apps list that would be very welcome, were they actually available to be installed in the CP by the owner of the VPS. I think that ought to be addressed, because when I made my purchase decision (to move my hosting from a competitor), it was partly based on the long list of apps that one could supposedly install. This amounts to misleading advertising, but I'll give Spry the benefit of the doubt and encourage them to update and improve the pre-purchase information on the website.

David T in AZ

Junior Member Newbie

hello sir and madam,

iam new for this site i would like know more information about this .
    from this site will get money or any thing plz give me reply immediately.
    regards,
    muralikrishna.

Senior Member Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by muralikrishna41 View Post
    hello sir and madam,

iam new for this site i would like know more information about this .
    from this site will get money or any thing plz give me reply immediately.
    regards,
    muralikrishna.
    Please visit our contact page with any sales or billing questions to get the fastest reply.