Thread: is SPRY ripping me off?

Junior Member Newbie

Default is SPRY ripping me off?

Hello all, this is either going to give you an idea about this "commited to quality" host or "pay us twice and lose your domain".

I have 11 domain names registered here, and I have been using spry since 2006, and I really didnt have a great experience.

in 2007 one of my domain names almost expired and I tried to renew it, the first attempt failed but I had some cash withdrawn from my credit card and then I tried again and yet again faild and more cash goes out of the credit!
    I tried to contact them and I got a very late response and them apologizing for having a "technical failure" and they fixed things up and the domain name got renewed for 2 years.

then just recently I got an email displaying that 4 of the domains I have are expiring, so I go and renew them and then I get shocked that one of them is already expired and is not working and not going to my website!!

I checked the billing system it says renews on 2010 and I checked all whois records that I can search in they also say the same expires in 2010!

and when I contacted them yet again very late reply saying that they have a conflict between two systems and they will see which is correct!

I have all tickets in the history that shows the previous mistakes and that it has been renewed for 2 years and now they say no it expired?

and i just got a reply saying that i have to talk to the domain partners about it!!

is this really happening? ripping customers and keeping a system full of conflicts?

the decision is yours to judge.

im still hung up and i dont know what will happen, it is not my mistake that i might loose my domain name, i paid for two years and lost money for it just so that they dont do it?

Senior Member Power Poster

The discussion of support activity and account activity is discouraged on our forums in the interest of maintaining the privacy and security of your account.

I can confirm that an issue with the Spry control panel at the time which your domain was last renewed is the likely cause for confusion - your domain's expiration date in our billing system was incorrectly set, however, you should have received a full refund for the second renewal purchase attempt which was placed.

This issue affected multiple customer accounts (anyone who used the "Renew Now" button in the control panel over the course of January to April of 200. We are in the process of correcting this issue for other Spry customers who may have been affected.

If you have credit card or PayPal records which indicate that you were not refunded for any charges in excess of your $7.95 one year domain renewal fee for the domain in January of 2008, your assertion that you paid twice is correct and we will take all appropriate action to correct the over-billing.

It appears as though you have an active ticket with us now - our billing department will follow up with you to ensure this issue is resolved.

Junior Member Newbie

I have found the domain/billing control panel can be a bit 'buggy'.

Senior Member Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by monkey56657 View Post
    I have found the domain/billing control panel can be a bit 'buggy'.
    Indeed - there is definitely room for improvement.

Our developers are presently working on a replacement to the existing control panel which is nearing the final stages of completion.

I do not have a planned release date for the new control panel at this time as we plan to run through several cycles of testing before it is released.