Thread: Monitoring memory usage?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Junior Member Newbie

Default Monitoring memory usage?

Can anyone recommend a good way to monitor memory usage? I am running out of memory on my VPS and want an easy way to determine what app might be the cause of this.

When the system reboots, Virtuozzo displays that only about 54% of my memory is being used, but as the day goes on, I see 100% usage and am no longer able to access specific system resources. The only way that I have been able to solve the problem is by frequently rebooting the VPS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sean
    Last edited by sjshannon; 03-27-2006 at 12:07 PM.

top?

(padding to make the message long enough...)
    "They think they've tricked you. And then they have."

Junior Member Newbie

The problem that I am seeing with top is that it appears to be showing the total system memory and system memory usage, not what is allocated to my VPS, so there is not an easy way to determine how much memory I have left.

I can use top to determine what processes are taking up a specific amount of memory, but it is still difficult to determine if I really do need to take some action or not.

Top also is including the amount of Swap space that I am using within the memory usage. Right now, by adding up the memory usage of each process, I am using, what appears to be, 375.7MB's...

Top also displays that I have over 4 gig's of RAM...thats the total amount of RAM within the system, not what is allocated to my VPS.

Junior Member Newbie

Default Keen to know too.

This would be rather useful to me too.

Junior Member Newbie

Well, I think this is what u are searching...
    VPSinfo - http://www.labradordata.ca/home/28

Is a script made by Drobbins, from another community, and I can't live without it.

Hope it helps

Junior Member Newbie

Yep, that is pretty much what I was looking for. Thank you so much for passing that information along!

Sean