Thread: Legal Issue

Junior Member Newbie

Default Legal Issue

a prospective client of mine has his site currently hosted with another company, the site s domain was registered in the clients name but with the registrar being the current hosts.

in order for me to get this deal in we need to know if the domain is owned by the client or by the host. an if it is the client how easy it is to get the host to pass over the domain to the clients control.

is it just a case of demanding the ips tags and being done or can the current host kick up a fuss and refuse to give this information over.

this is my first time dealing with this issue and i could really do with some sort of pointers as to what we can do in this situation.

Thanks in advance

Senior Member Does this guy work here?

Hello,

in order for me to get this deal in we need to know if the domain is owned by the client or by the host. an if it is the client how easy it is to get the host to pass over the domain to the clients control.
    That depends on the domain. You can always do a whois on the domain name and see the registrant information.

is it just a case of demanding the ips tags and being done or can the current host kick up a fuss and refuse to give this information over.
    I can't answer this question without knowing the name of the company and the domain name. It all depends on the registrar, the registry and registrant information and how that's set up.

--
    Spry Support

Junior Member Newbie

you have a visitor message cheers