Thread: E-mail Aol

Junior Member Newbie

Default E-mail Aol

Has anyone else been having problems send e-mail to certain domains?
    Expecally AOL, Every email sent from my spry Plesk VPS account (e-mail servers) have been comming back with the following error and in talking with AOL. They are telling me that their is a block in place from spry's email system.
    I did not have this problem till i switched my 2 domains to spry's services.
    any help would be appricated, I really like spry and found the services to be above any others i have used in the past.
    However this is starting to cause a problem.
    Thanks.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at XXXXXX.com.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<XXXXX@aol.com>:
    64.12.138.120 failed after I sent the message.
    Remote host said: 554-: (RLY:CH) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554rlych.html
    554 TRANSACTION FAILED

Spry Manager Newbie

The URL listed in the block message contains more information about the reason for the block. In this case, AOL is blocking email from your IP based on numerous complaints from AOL users. The best way to get consistent mail delivery through AOL is to visit the http://postmaster.info.aol.com/fbl/ website and setup a feedback loop directly with AOL so that you can handle complaints generated by their users in a timely fashion.

Junior Member Newbie

So this has something to do with Spry system settings as I also have this issue.
    Difference is I moved from within Spry itself. From a Platnium VPS to a Cpanel VPS. A world of issues with email in the Cpanel VPS.
    Anyone know the quick solution?

Forum Administrator Power Poster Lyle@Spry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlipC View Post
    So this has something to do with Spry system settings as I also have this issue.
    You have the exact same error message from AOL? This error code indicates that email sent from your VPS was reported to be SPAM by AOL subscribers.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipC View Post
    Difference is I moved from within Spry itself. From a Platnium VPS to a Cpanel VPS. A world of issues with email in the Cpanel VPS.
    Anyone know the quick solution?
    Quick solution? No. Correct solution? Yes.
    First, follow the link AOL includes in the error message they bounce back to you. Included on that page is a link to a form to request unblocking of your IP from their filters, AND a link to set up what they call a "feedback loop".
    Quote Originally Posted by http://postmaster.info.aol.com/fbl/
    Feedback Loop Information

When an AOL member clicks "Spam" for a piece of email sent from one of your IPs, this is considered a "complaint". If you are having difficulty with the number of complaints you are receiving, a feedback loop (FBL) would benefit you. Once you have created a feedback loop, you will be notified when a member reports your email as spam. Monitoring your FBL will help you to manage your mailing lists as well as detect network security issues and stop sources of spam on your network.
    Once you've done that, AOL should allow email from your VPS to its members. If any AOL member reports messages sent from your VPS as SPAM, you'll receive notification. This way you can find out if any of YOUR users is spamming AOL users, causing the problem.