Thread: VPS down for over 30 hours now

Junior Member Newbie

Default VPS down for over 30 hours now

A "planned migration" that has gone awry? Thankfully Spry was moving my VPS to another node starting at 2pm yesterday (a time not of my choosing). I contacted them this morning (8:30am) when my entire VPS was down. At that time I had heard nothing from them about the down time. Spry was unable to boot up the VPS on either the old or the new nodes.

Now it is 12 hours since they have escalated the matter and it is still down. This is unacceptable.

Junior Member Newbie

Default Still down -- 44 hours and counting

This brings server uptime to 99.2% or lower (assuming it never goes down again).

They cannot provide any ETA, which gives me very little i can info I can provide my customers.

Forum Administrator Power Poster Lyle@Spry's Avatar

Hello,

Could I have the IP address of your VPS? I was aware of at least one migration that failed, but our administrators have succeeded in restoring that account using backups last night.

A ticket via the my.spry.com support interface would be the fastest means of restoration of service.

Junior Member Newbie

Default Original support ticket closed but VPS still down

Ticket #1350591 was created Saturday morning. It was closed today saying the VPS is up. The IP is: 67.223.230.186

All sites are down still, but there is aWHM/CPanel and ssh server at that IP address. My previous paswords are not working, however.

Junior Member Newbie

Default Most recent backup 19 days ago?

So one would hope that daily incremental backups are performed and perhaps a full weekly backup. And if their VPS was being migrated that the system would be backed up before migration. So, unable to get either the old or new system working, Spry has apparently loaded a July 7th backup onto a new VPS. DNS and WHM are still not setup properly (i.e. no accounts show up in WHM, though the home folders and files from before July 7th are there) and no web servers are running.