Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VPS Concerns

Junior Member Newbie

I've been using ps faux, but when does it reset the stats? When I reboot my VPS? I'm just curious if it keeps adding up the higher the CPU and RAM get and when I reboot the VPS, it re-sets the stats.

Senior Member Power Poster

The statistics which appear for each process ID will be erased when the process is killed (or your VPS is rebooted), however, the only statistic which should be steadily growing would be the CPU time as reported by ps faux and top - the other statistics should fluctuate over time.

If you see a process which is steadily consuming an increasing percentage of your CPU or RAM you may want to investigate - there could be an infinite loop or a memory leak eating your resources.

When viewing top (particularly if you're noticing degraded performance) you will also want to keep an eye out for zombie processes - the process will show a "Z" in the S column which means it's time to send the process ID a kill -9 to free up resources.

Junior Member Newbie

Alright, I will keep an eye out. Thanks for all the useful information! Learn something new everyday!

Junior Member Newbie

Default Free forex tarding education

I'm gonna try SSH using Poderosa. Only other problem is I just noticed if I exit off my control panel/console, server shuts down? Why doesn't it stay running? I log back into console and it's a blank screen.
    forextradingevo.com