Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cpanel.

Junior Member Newbie

Default Cpanel.

Ive installed WHM and so on and the domain is working fine , but how do i use cpanel on the default domain ? the webserver's domain is oblivionpk.com and i want to use cpanel . but when i put in Root along with the password i use for oblivionpk.com:2086 it dosnt work , anyhelp ?

matth@spry

Hello,

You must create a cpanel user account for your main domain, which will be accessed with its own user, not root.

Creating an Account in WHM - Spry Wiki

--
    Spry Support

Junior Member Newbie

Now i have this problem ....

Missing HOST Config Line in /etc/wwwacct.conf, please reconfigure with Edit Setup

Junior Member Newbie

I understand i have to edit that file , but what do i edit into it ?

Can you give me an example?

Forum Administrator Power Poster Lyle@Spry's Avatar

Finish the "Basic Server Setup" questions and be sure to specify a Hostname. This error message indicates that field was left blank.

Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle@Spry View Post
    Finish the "Basic Server Setup" questions and be sure to specify a Hostname. This error message indicates that field was left blank.
    Right all done and no problem so far ... apart from

"Account Creation Status: failed (Sorry, a DNS entry for oblivionpk.com already exists, please delete it first (from all servers in the dns cluster) )
    Sorry, a DNS entry for oblivionpk.com already exists, please delete it first (from all servers in the dns cluster) "

I want Oblivionpk.com:2082 to have cpanel , it dose but i need to be able to log into it . im sure what im saying is understandable.

Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion PK View Post
    Right all done and no problem so far ... apart from

"Account Creation Status: failed (Sorry, a DNS entry for oblivionpk.com already exists, please delete it first (from all servers in the dns cluster) )
    Sorry, a DNS entry for oblivionpk.com already exists, please delete it first (from all servers in the dns cluster) "

I want Oblivionpk.com:2082 to have cpanel , it dose but i need to be able to log into it . im sure what im saying is understandable.
    I deleted the DNS Zone and got "

Account Creation Status: failed (You cannot setup a domain that is the same as the servers hostname )
    You cannot setup a domain that is the same as the servers hostname "

1. Delete DNS zone oblivionpk.com - Delete a DNS Zone
    2. Create account for oblivionpk.com - Create a New Account

I deleted the DNS Zone and got "

Account Creation Status: failed (You cannot setup a domain that is the same as the servers hostname )
    You cannot setup a domain that is the same as the servers hostname "
    Either set the hostname of your server to some other FQDN, or prepend a subdomain... e.g. SERVER.oblivianpk.com

Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle@Spry View Post
    Either set the hostname of your server to some other FQDN, or prepend a subdomain... e.g. SERVER.oblivianpk.com
    And how am i ment to make a subdomain without cpanel ?