Thread: Multiple IP addresses

Junior Member Newbie

Default Multiple IP addresses

A question concerning the multiple IP addresses on a server:

Can one of my multiple IP addresses be different in first three triads to the main one?

Lets say my main IP is 209.85.129.147 and I want to assign a new IP - 212.55.40.120. Can this be done with multiple IP addresses or do I have to buy a new IP from ISP?

And how difficult (if I purchase another IP) should it be to connect the new IP to my existing or new account?

Forum Administrator Power Poster Lyle@Spry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by napravicuphp View Post
    A question concerning the multiple IP addresses on a server:

Can one of my multiple IP addresses be different in first three triads to the main one?
    Yes.
    Lets say my main IP is 209.85.129.147 and I want to assign a new IP - 212.55.40.120. Can this be done with multiple IP addresses or do I have to buy a new IP from ISP?
    You can assign any of your cPanel accounts (on your server) to use any of the IPs already assigned to it (by your ISP.) You can NOT simply choose an IP not already assigned to your server to use for your hosted accounts/domains.
    And how difficult (if I purchase another IP) should it be to connect the new IP to my existing or new account?
    Simple. First, purchase an additional IP for your server using the my.spry.com control panel. Second, use the WHM Rebuild IP Pool tool (after support has replied that the new IP has been added to your server) to reread the available IPs on your server into WHM's list of available IPs. Lastly, set up the domain (if a new domain) selecting the new IP during the account creation wizard, or, if an account already exists for the domain you wish to modify, use the Change Site's IP Address tool to move the account to the new IP. (Note that DNS changes will take some time, usually only a few hours, to propagate.)