Thread: Two Questions DNS/Webmin

Junior Member Newbie

Default Two Questions DNS/Webmin

Hey

I just got the spry VPS package last night and I had two questions.

Question1: How do I get webmin working? I have typed in the ip:10000 with no louck. The VPS panel works though. Not a big deal if I cannot get it working as I can ssh

Question2: Does spry have public name servers? I have a domain with namecheap and I always used to just point it to the web providers name servers. If they dont have them do I need to set my own up, if so is that going to cost many any extra money? Where would I head to start setting one up?

Thanks

Former employee Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bslack
    Hey

I just got the spry VPS package last night and I had two questions.

Question1: How do I get webmin working? I have typed in the ip:10000 with no louck. The VPS panel works though. Not a big deal if I cannot get it working as I can ssh
    If you can't access webmin via the control panel, then you'll need to go to https://www.spry.com/support/myaccount/login.php and submit a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by bslack
    Question2: Does spry have public name servers? I have a domain with namecheap and I always used to just point it to the web providers name servers. If they dont have them do I need to set my own up, if so is that going to cost many any extra money? Where would I head to start setting one up?
    We have public nameservers, but they are generally for webmin 100 accounts, who only have 1 IP address, so they would not be able to set their nameservers properly according to rfc 2182 section 5. It is recommended to use your own nameservers, as it increases the flexibility of your server.

Junior Member Newbie

Hey

Thanks. I did not bother with the ticker.. I just apt-get on webmin and set it up my self. For the DNS.. I just set up my own DNS server as you recommended.

Thanks for the help. Go to know I did right thing.