Thread: Email errors

Junior Member Newbie

Default Email errors

When I'm sending an email to a Spry account, I'm getting this error message back:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

root@xxxxxxxx.com
    (ultimately generated from support@xxxxxxxx.com)
    retry timeout exceeded

Evidently, these sorts of questions aren't answered anymore after the support was transferred to Boston, according to the reply I got from the support tech. That's a shame, Spry had the best customer service I had experienced! Anyway, any ideas where to start? I had created a .forward in my root home directory, and there's no error when it's in there, it's just that all email gets forwarded, not just email to root, which is not what I intended. So I removed the .forward and this error occurs. I'm wondering if there was a .forward previously that I deleted & changed without realizing it (I checked, and didn't see a .forward before creating one, but maybe I overlooked it).

Junior Member Newbie

Thumbs down

This is the response from support. Apparently, since I tried the BoxTrapper app on Cpanel, there's no support. Of course, the problem is probably totally unrelated, but that doesn't make a difference. Is Spry trying to get rid of the old VPS customers?

===========

Thank you for getting back in touch with us. We are a different support team from those that you have worked with in the past. If this was an issue related to migration of your account, we would definitely help you. But because this is an issue caused by an installation that you installed on your vps, it does fall outside our scope of support. I am sorry for any inconvenience this could cause you, however I do not want to give any false impressions or set up unrealistic expectations.

Junior Member Newbie

Support has worked with me in fixing these and some other minor issues. No unreasonable pushback , so I'm feeling more confident about Spry's new management. I've been pretty careful not to put in any RTFM type issues and they've been quite good about responding and fixing legitimate issues. So all's well for now.