Thread: Tech Support, Unable to Access Server

Junior Member Newbie

Angry Tech Support, Unable to Access Server

While trying to install greylisting, based on Cpanel forum tech support, it became clear the default spry Cpanel install of Perl has some files in incorrect locations. I reported this to Spry in a trouble ticket three days ago. When I got home from work the next day, there was a ticket update indicating there was no problem on Spry's part and they don't support perl installs...despite the fact this is the default spry install of perl with Cpanel. Even worse, my server was not responding in any way (can't get to WHM, can't SSH in, no apache, no exim). Tried rebooting server off Spry control panel with no change.

Called Spry tech support and (after being on hold almost 30 minutes) was told the issue was being escalated as he could not figure out what was wrong with the server. Latest ticket update (at 9 this morning) shows they are "researching problem). My server has now apparently been down for over 48 hours. Tried to call spry tech support tonight for an update...selected option 2 for tech support and it immediately went to music with "all reps are busy now, please stand by". After FORTY-ONE minutes of holding, phone was answered by a woman at an insurance agency who has never heard of spry! Next call went immediately to a voice mail box?

When I login to control panel now, under system status it say "System issue - phone system" but when you click on the link, it goes to a blank page.

What is going on with Spry? What is going on with my server? I'd ask you all to email me directly, but I have no way of accessing my email since the darn server is down! Request a phone call at the phone number you have in your files. This is really, really ugly and not what I would expect from spry...

Current ticket number appears to be: 7422917

Member Newbie

I see your ticket was closed on 9/3 with a reinstall of Cpanel. Please let me know if there is anything else we can assist with.