Thread: Downtime over 5 hrs and counting

Junior Member Newbie

Default Downtime over 5 hrs and counting

Hi,

My Spry server has been offline for over 5 hrs now. I was told that Spry rebooted my server 1 hr after it went down and were waiting for the disk check process to complete. They *do not* know how long it will take to complete (and I know from experience these things can take days).

Is this typical for Spry?

I'm also surprised that we didn't receive an email indicating that they were aware of a problem and are working on it. If it weren't for 3rd party monitoring, we wouldn't have known.

We're running several businesses on the VPS we setup. Perhaps Spry isn't well suited for this?

This downtime has been a major embarassment for us. We have had several clients call who are extremely upset - keep in mind that this is on a Saturday in December, a key time for many of our clients.

Are there others on this forum that would be upset about this as well? If not, perhaps I am in the minority and should move to another host.

It did not happen with me but there may be some technical issues. So give another chance to the site.