Thread: Setup and How-To

Junior Member Newbie

Default Setup and How-To

Could someone point me into the direction of some good documentation on how to setup bind, mail server (sendmail?) and apache. I'm not too concerned about apache but bind and sendmail are two I've never messed with.

thanks.

Former Employee Power Poster

Your best bet is to try and google for tutorials for both Bind/name servers and sendmail. You could also go to the sites for these programs, sendmail.org and isc.org, and they may have some tutorials there as well. The webmin.com site may also have some documentation and tutorials to assist you as well.

Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dancameron View Post
    Could someone point me into the direction of some good documentation on how to setup bind, mail server (sendmail?) and apache. I'm not too concerned about apache but bind and sendmail are two I've never messed with.

thanks.
    I am aslo facing this issue. please someone can help.

Former Employee Newbie

Default Webmin Documentation

The official documentation for Webmin is their wiki at //doxfer.com/Webmin. That's probably the best place to begin.

Former Employee Newbie

Make sure you check //doxfer.com/Webmin/Modules for specific instructions on setting up BIND, Apache, and Sendmail.

Junior Member Newbie

Question

Hi guys,
    I am also facing the same problem thatís why I am here. I went to search on google for solution and find the link of this page but still it is unsolved here. If any one can help me!

Thanks in advance!

MikeG@Spry

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmb View Post
    Make sure you check http://doxfer.com/Webmin/Modules for specific instructions on setting up BIND, Apache, and Sendmail.
    What he said.

Junior Member Newbie

It is not unresolved here, it is a completely self managed server setup, meaning we, the admins of the servers, are on our own for all activity. This plan, while great on resources, and cost effective, is only meant for those with Linux System Administration capability and experience. If it is unrealistic for you to be able and perform these tasks, as it is for many, you should contact support and have your account transferred to a plan with a control panel (albeit, at a higher cost).

The documentation for those software packages is located on their respective sites, and in many administration forums, you can get the answers you need.
    Last edited by PossumX; 12-15-2007 at 07:34 AM.