Thread: Barracuda Spam Firewall is crippled/struggling

Junior Member Newbie

Default Barracuda Spam Firewall is crippled/struggling

After seeing some significant delays in email transfers from the Barracuda Spam Firewall to my VPS (and another I have access to) I tried calling Spry Tech Support this morning. After waiting on hold a long time, the system dumped me back out to the welcome message, so I gave up. When the problem didn't get solved, and nothing is posted here in "Spry Maintenance" regarding the problem, I called again just a little while ago and got through.

Sure enough, it was confirmed that there's a serious problem with the Barracuda (a disk failure that they're dealing with). It would have saved me time and trouble to have seen an announcment posted here in the forums. This is a regular pattern....and I certainly hope it changes!

DT
    Last edited by DTinAZ; 11-29-2006 at 03:25 PM.

Member Newbie

One of the disks in the Barracuda's RAID array failed. The disk was replaced, and the system is currently in the process of rebuilding the array. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Junior Member Newbie

Thanks for the details....but it would be really nice if you guys would post stuff here about outages and maintanance. It seems to be a really low priority at this point and that's not good.

DT