Thread: Barracuda Spam Firewall is STILL holding our mail!

Junior Member Newbie

Default Barracuda Spam Firewall is STILL holding our mail!

OK, now the duration of this problem has reached over 24 hours....NOT ACCEPTABLE! I haven't receive ANY mail on any of my domains for hours, and this is also the case on another VPS to which I have access.

This is more than just a little backlog/latency.

Spry?

Junior Member Newbie

...it was a LOT of backlog/latency. I think things have finally caught up, approx. 36 hours after the whole thing began. Messages were delayed for many hours and I'm not sure that I've yet received everything, but this is an improvement.

Once again, a little communication from Spry regarding things like this here in the forums would result in fewer phone calls to Tech Support.

DT

Former employee Newbie

What had happened was the result of the large outbound queue created by the failed raid array, causing a bug arise in the barracuda's firmware that prevented it from processing incoming messages. We have upgraded the firmware to fix 3 bugs that contributed to this issue.

Any mail that was stuck on the barracuda has now been processed, and I'm happy to say that there's at most 2 messages in the queue at any time.
    Last edited by max@spry; 11-30-2006 at 03:40 PM.