Thread: Wrong MySQL Version Number showing

Member Newbie

Default Wrong MySQL Version Number showing

Ok, so, long story short. I have a CentOS 5.8 VPS running WHM/cPanel and I used the MySQL upgrade link in WHM. Went from 5.0.x to 5.1.x and it was really easy. Figured MySQL 5.5.x was listed so it must be a good idea to upgrade. Needless to say my server melted down.

The Spry paid support guys were able to get 5.0.x installed for me and get me running, but everywhere that shows what version of MySQL you're running shows 5.5.x. Any clue how to change it so I can again upgrade to 5.1.x?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Matt

Moderator Newbie

Hi Matt, I'm sorry to hear the WHM/cPanel assisted upgrade to MySQL 5.5 didn't go well. I'm not sure where cPanel keeps the info about what version of MySQL you're running, and I'm not sure that changing it would even solve the problem properly.

I'd probably recommend either contacting support again, or trying the cPanel forum - I think you're likely to get a faster, better, and more comprehensive answer there:
    Database Discussions - For database related issues, it seems.

I wish you luck. If you have any more questions, I'll do my best to answer.

Member Newbie

Thanks. I have posted this on the cPanel forum. Hopefully they can help me out.

I greatly appreciate the help.