Register

View Poll Results: Would like more communication from Spry in terms of transition and support model
Yes 7 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

06-17-2010, 06:47 AM
Default Major Issue in Boston Data Center

I just spoke to the phone support rep in Phoenix - he indicated that there is a major issue in the Boston data center at this time - no ETA nor no idea as to what the issue is. I asked that Spry at least post some status here as to what is going on - is it a network issue, cluster problem, outside connection issue... what?? No news to paying customers is terrible.

Proactive communication even if the news is bad goes a long way to keeping your clients informed and informed = happier.

06-17-2010, 07:36 AM

Agreed. I'm down to. Have been for at least three hours now. Good communication goes a long way towards building goodwill in the face of adversity.

06-17-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshumaker View Post
Agreed. I'm down to. Have been for at least three hours now. Good communication goes a long way towards building goodwill in the face of adversity.
This is not looking good. I'm probably going to lose my two biggest clients over this and without them I don't know if keeping my webhosting up is worth it.

This appears to be poor planning on the part of Spry. I know 'things' happen but there should have been a better back up plan.

Support saying 24-48 hours to fix this is unacceptable.

06-18-2010, 10:51 AM

Back at Eric,
While my domains were online after the move, email was down. After calling Eli at support boston, he told me about the 24-72 hour turn around to fix and that the engineer was on site for another 2 hours. I moved my sites to another company at that point. Think I can get a refund for my 8 remaining prepaid months that I don't want?

06-18-2010, 02:19 PM

Just confirmed - standard terms of service is now 24-48 hours. Premium support is the same level - it just gets you to the top of the queue.

06-22-2010, 06:52 AM

Does anyone have recommendations of quality hosting companies? My server was up constantly for 3 years straight, but since the migration it is completely unstable - crashes every night and ftp doesn't work - and Spry has done nothing to resolve the problem. All support really wants to do now apparently is ping the server. Seems like they may have been taken over by Ipowerweb or some similar operation.

06-22-2010, 11:48 AM

I'm with Hostgator now. I loved spry before.

06-24-2010, 09:18 AM

Same problems here. Spry SUCKS now. My server is crashing every 12 hours and is unreachable. Been calling support for days with no success.

Time to move to another host. This sucks.

07-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Arrow

I got out quick. After 3 days of the server going offline every 20 minutes I bailed. Especially since my trouble ticket had been marked "resolved" 3 times with out the slightest investigation as to the cause of the problem or any effort to solve it.

I moved to Geek Storage (yeah stupid name) they made everything easy, copying my VPS accounts and all to their new server. Took less then 24 hours and I was totally moved in and back online. Same prices for much more storage and bandwidth. Spry can burn in hell. All of Boston can burn in hell for allowing such scum to sleaze about their city

I've been with Geek Storage for a little over a month and I'm quite happy. Their support staff is obviously knowledgeable and fast.

07-15-2010, 06:34 AM

i agree wid key88sf.....watz da solution of dis issue.....
Closed Thread